Ski-in Ski-out Resort
Caribou Highlands Lodge at Lutsen Mountains is a slope side, full amenity, family-friendly, ski-in, ski-out resort. And we cater to Ski Groups, too! So you can check in, pop your skis on and start skiing. Looking for a cocoa break or lunch? Ski back to our on-site restaurant, Moguls Grille and Tap Room.
With our fire lit lobby, wide choice of lodging accommodations, pool, spas, dining choices, gift shops, and activities, you will have a wonderful winter ski vacation. You only have to leave the resort to ski!
Snowboard Vacation Packages
Be sure to ask about our Snowboard Vacation Packages. We have packages available all season long!
Snowboard Lutsen Mountains
The best skiing in the Midwest is right here! Lutsen Mountains opens first, closes last and has the most snow. Add runs on 4 different mountains and the only gondola in Mid-America to our ski-in, ski-out lodging and you've got the best ski vacation around.
- Ski Season:Opens the weekend before Thanksgiving
- Closes the middle of April
- Hours:Monday - Friday : 9:30am - 4:30pm
- Weekends & Holidays :9am - 4:30pm
- Open Daily:2nd weekend in December through 1st full weekend in April
- Offers:Alpine Skiing, Snowboarding, Snowshoeing & Nordic Skiing
- Rentals:at Lutsen Mountains at Lutsen Rec, 1/2-mile down the Ski Hill Rd
Lutsen Mountains Terrain Park
It's new, it's here, it's the Terrain Park at Lutsen Mountains. Set on the Slopes of Mystery Mountain, you can show off (or just practice) over a mile of terrain featuring rails, boxes and jumps. Click here for a map of the Terrain Park.
- Skiable Vertical:986'
- Ski Area:1000 acres
- Longest Run:2 miles
- Number of Runs:90
- Annual Snowfall:9.5'
- Types of Trails:18% easiest, 47% more difficult, 25% most difficult, 10% expert
- Lifts:Moose Mountain Tramway (4 passenger gondola)
- 7 double chairs and 1 ski / snowboard school surface lift
- Favorite Long Run:Bridge (2 miles)
- Favorite Bumps Runs:Hari Kari by the Main Chalet Grizzly on Moose Mountain
- Best Scenic Run:Meadows on Moose Mountain
- Best Easy Runs:Ullr & Chickadee by the Main Chalet
- Newest Fun:The Terrain Park at Mystery
- Steepest Expert Runs:Split Rock & Experts Cutoff
Lutsen Ski Area Dining & Shopping
In between runs, you'll want a bite to eat and the opportunity to browse for new ski accessories, gifts and reminders of your ski vacation at Lutsen Mountains. We have you covered...
Lutsen Mountains Slope side Restaurants
- At Caribou Highlands Lodge
- Moguls Grille & Tap Room
- At the Main Chalet area
- Rosie's Cafe
- Papa Charlie's Tavern
- Mountain view Grill
- At the top of Moose Mountain (accessible by gondola)
- Summit Chalet
Lutsen Mountains Slope side Shopping
- At Caribou Highlands Lodge
- Caribou Crossing Gift Shop & Deli
- Lobby Gifts
- At the Main Chalet
- Mountain Shop at Lutsen
After-ski Activities & Entertainment
After a day on the slopes, relax in one of several spas, let the kids swim. Maybe schedule a massage, then, after dining at one of several area restaurants, stop back up at Lutsen Mountains for live entertainment most weekends throughout the ski season.